Monday, December 15, 2008

Back to my blog

It's been quite a while since I've posted any thoughts . . .in fact, just before I was diagnosed with vocal chord cancer. You can imagine what a blow that was to some who makes a living speaking - both before an audience and every day on the telephone.

I had a raspy voice and went to an ENT physician to see why my allergies were acting up. I was in shock when he told me I had a tumor. A week later, the tumor was out and the cancer was diagnosed. They got it all with lots of radiation and now I recovering from that! Most of the time I have a sore throat and coughing spells.

But I am booking engagements for 2009 and introducing my new course, goBeyondhello, a three-day training that teaches nonprofits how to build their own Partnership Council.

I have been reading a lot of opinions about how to combat this downturn as fundraising necessarily continues. In the weeks and months to follow, I'll add my ideas.

No comments: