Thursday, October 15, 2009

Great New Idea

I love learning from my students! One of the astute participants in the Ventura County Community Foundation workshop a few weeks ago sent me this tip:

"At the next Board meeting, I want everyone to get know each other better.

I want to learn personal information that is not readily apparent. I'm going to ask them to put a an interest of theirs under their name (instead of the business). For instance, under my name, instead of Executive Director, I would write Gardener. Thanks Marshall for inspiring us to get to know others in a different way!"


I think this is a great idea and will lead to a lot of interesting discussions on a personal level among her Board members.

1 comment:

Hugo R. Ayala said...

Marshall, I met you recently at Pepperdine University. I chatted with you briefly about being a potential guest speaker at USC through their School of Policy, Planning and Development. I spoke with Dr. Robert (Bob) Myrtle and I told him all about your presentation and your book. He has an idea and I would like to run it by you. If you recall, I am starting a Non-Profit called Other Side of the Fork with my childhood friend Elias Elizondo.