Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Taking "Let's Have Lunch Together" to a new level

I recently worked with Anne Ready, head of a media training firm in Los Angeles. For more than 25 years, READY FOR MEDIA has coached thousands of corporate executives, celebrity spokespeople, authors, doctors, lawyers and many others to be concise, credible and compelling.

Years ago, she realized her dream to work and live at the beach. She bought a beautiful house right on the sand at Topanga Canyon and Pacific Coast Highway.

Of course, I gave her my book and she became a star student.

After reading my book, Anne told me, "I decided to take a very personal approach and invite guests to have lunch at my Malibu beach house. I cook lunch and make it very special."

From the book, she also learned to make sure the meeting was 60% personal and 40% business.

"My first guest mentioned other client referrals while she was here at lunch. Thanks Marshall, you helped me present myself in a whole new, more meaningful way!"

Thanks to Anne for her story. To check out her media services click here.

No comments: