Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Conversation Starters and Stoppers!

For those of you who are traveling this season, here are some tips to stop a conversation from our friends at Southwest!

"I can't really talk with anyone until I've had two drinks and I always stop after my first."

"I am sorry, I cannot talk with you - I have given up face-to-face conversation as a personal experiment."  (Sound like some of our younger friends?)

Now here are some starters (think about using some of these to unleash information from someone with whom you are trying to build a relationship).

"If you had to give up one type of communication you use regularly, which would you choose? Why?"

"If you had to move to a different state, where would you go?  Why?"

"What are the longest trips you've ever taken by distance and duration? What was the best part of each?"

Happy traveling to everyone - I hope you enjoy a joyous and wonderful Christmas and a very special New Year!

No comments: