Thursday, January 24, 2008

My musings on relationships


Relationships have been very important to me in my career and my personal life. Throughout my nonprofit experiences, I saw how successful people built networks of prospective donors that led to high-dollar fundraising.

I plan to talk about the power of relationships in the world of nonprofits and beyond. Like the weather, everybody talks about building relationships. However, the percentage of people who actively build and grow them with people important to their work and life is small.

Using real-world examples and stories from my interaction with colleagues, workshop participants, people I meet on the airplane and others, I'm going to give you actual, straightforward information.

By the way, I'm an avid collector of 33 1/3 RPM vinyl records. My collection houses over 6,000 albums by such early
Rhythm and Blues legends as... Richie Vallens, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Fats Domino, plus Jazz greats like... Ben Webster, Bill Evans, Buddy Rich, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday.

Visit often and share your experiences and challenges with me in this blog. I plan to offer my more than 24 years of nonprofit experience and opinions with anyone brave enough to participate...as a recovering attorney, I swear I'll do my best not to ramble on too much.

You may want to visit my website - click here

No comments: