Monday, June 8, 2009

Two Great Student Successes

Since I left consulting to go into training, I've met a lot of great people, heard a lot of great stories and enjoyed my travels. But I miss the one thing I had with ongoing clients - the thrill of watching them connect with people and meet their goals.

Last week, I had two terrific stories that gave me a lot of satisfaction. I taught a three-part Master's Series taking participants through basic relationship-building to establishing a Partnership Council.

One Executive Director told me about meeting a Board Member to discuss paying the yearly dues. However, by focusing on connecting and they found they had many connections in common. She offered to help his ill son . . .and also procured a $60,000 donation to the organization!

In another agency, I coached the ED, development director and board through three trainings and now they are well on their way to establishing a Council. The board members have fully embraced going out in the community and connecting. One of them said to me, "This process has been fun. I can grow as a "human being" and can help others grow too!

In the next few weeks we will have these stories on our website as case histories. Like all teachers which I was in the 60's and am now, we like to know that we have value and impact on others' lives!

No comments: