Thursday, February 21, 2008

If Only I Could Get Them


For over 24 years I continually hear the same phrase over and over again.

How can I get
Them to understand...
The fact is, getting Them to understand will not engage Them in your mission,
nor compel Them to donate more - Them trusting you will.

The single most powerful human motivator is a relationship.

Here's the proof.

Last month I attended a prominent fundraising gala. The person who purchased the $5000 table where I was seated, was neither a contributor nor volunteer of the organization. In fact, I discovered he knew virtually nothing about the organization. He contributed over $5000 solely because he had both a strong business and personal relationship with the askor... He just couldn't say no.

Make an emotional connection...
Build the trust, then they'll understand!

This is Marshall Howard reminding you . . . giving goes where the relationship flows.

No comments: